I am happy to announce the beta version of my (mini) book – EJB Annotations Primer🙂
To download …
- Covers Enterprise Java Beans (EJB 3.2): part of the Java EE Platform
- Emphasis on it’s annotations
- Can be used as a quick refresher or a entry/high level guide
- Geared towards easing the learning process
- Explores (almost) all the EJB features: life cycle management, dependency & resource injection, pooling, concurrency, web services, interceptors, security, transactions, schedulers & timers, asynchronous model, eager initialisation, heterogenous interfaces/views and exception handling
- Source code available on GitHub (will be updated along with the rest of the content)
- Remaining chapters: dependency and resource injection, transactions, security and heterogenous views
- A better cover page [ maybe ?🙂 ]
- More code/examples
- Leanpub: empowering publishing medium ! Love it..
- NetBeans: Awesome IDE (specially for Java EE devs)
- GlassFish: bleeding edge Java EE RI !
- MacDown: my markdown editor
- Pandoc: very helpful in the initial stages of the project (when I was stuck with .doc and needed to convert it to markdown)
- and…. myself😉
Although it is still work in progress, I would encourage you to give it a go and provide feedback. I’ll provide further updates as and when I make further inroads..